Duration: 12 Months
Location: Downtown Ottawa (Remote owing to COVID-19)
Enhanced Reliability Clearance Required.
Seeking a Senior Business Analyst (BA) for one of our direct client. The BA will act as a liaison between the business community and technical teams. Work with the business to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions, including changes to business processes and information systems are developed Responsible for ensuring that the solutions that are designed and developed are in line with Client’s digital future state and reflect best practices
• Performs a business analyst role, working closely with technology leaders, SMEs and Client users in gathering and writing requirements, JAD sessions
• Demonstrate analysis skills as a solution provider in gathering and writing requirements
• Apply analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and design solutions that leverage and extend business applications and services.
• Apply creative and critical thinking and diagnostic ability to gather client's functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques.
• Consider multiple options, analyze alternatives, and select the one that best supports the business need and technical reality.
• Play a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs.
• Apply a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements.
• Pro-actively recognize where solutions impact related applications or data/information integrity.
• Gather and document complex Business rules and processes supporting risk management activities and decision frameworks.
• Lead informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution.
• Deliver clear, complete, and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process and is useable for the technical project members to deliver the solution.
• When required, support testing activities of designed solutions to ensure alignment with original Business requirements.
Conduct planning and change management activities:
• Coordinate, plan and manage project-level analysis deliverables by determining the best approach to use for gathering, validating, and prioritizing requirements based on the nature of the project, risks and complexity.
• Identify and resolve any issues created by changing requirements.
• Collaborate with Business Technology Product Owner to clarify features and user stories and support backlog prioritization and grooming activities.
• Execute requirements management activities while remaining flexible to changing requirements and project deadlines. • Promote Client’s business analysis best practices.
• Anticipate, prepare, and respond effectively to change, creating an open, receptive work environment.
• Share industry best practices and tools to create a positive climate and stimulus to encourage long-term learning and development for personal growth and growth of others.
• 10+ years direct experience providing Business Analysis services
• 5+ years experience in process improvements
• 5+ years experience in data analysis
• 5+ years experience in BA roles in complex IT environments
• Excellent understanding of various delivery methodologies, with strong experience working as part of an Agile or Scrum team.
• Excellent investigative and analytical skills. Ability to translate broad, strategic intent into tactical plans and directions.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences. • Strong listening skills.
• Strong understanding of how technologies can enable business opportunities.
• Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions and displaying leadership within a project team.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• BA Certification such as Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365 skills especially Excel.
• Experience and/or formal training and/or certification in: Microsoft Azure (ADO), DevSecOps
• Experience in data mining is an asset, but not essential.
• Experience in an Insurance or Financial Services environment is an asset, but not essential.
• Experience with Financial Crimes Risk Management is an asset, but not essential.
We thank you for visiting the job page. Only candidates closely matching the requirement will be contacted for interview. Wishing you all the best in your job search.
Email your resume to email@example.com