Duration: 12 Months
Location: Downtown Ottawa (Remote owing to COVID-19)
Enhanced Reliability Clearance Required.
Seeking a Senior Business Analyst for one of our direct client. The Business Analyst (BA) will work as a liaison between the business community and technical community in the development of solutions that support the business. The service elicits, analyzes, communicates, validates and translates business requirements into documentation and conceptual design from which solutions, including changes to business processes and information systems are developed. The BA is an active participant in all phases of the project lifecycle. Working with the business to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to achieve their goals. The BA is able to assess processes and information streams; and is proficient in the utilization of the appropriate tools, models and techniques as part of the requirements gathering process. This service requires excellent communication and analytical skills; and strong collaborative and relationship management skills, given the scope and high level of client interaction.
• Performs a business analyst role, working closely with technology leaders, SMEs and Client users in gathering and writing requirements, JAD sessions
• Apply analytical abilities and specialized expertise to synthesize information and design solutions that leverages and extends business applications and services
• Apply creative and critical thinking and diagnostic ability to gather client's functional and non-functional requirements and business rules using various elicitation and facilitation techniques. Consider multiple options, analyze alternatives, and select the one that best supports the business need and technical reality
• Play a prominent role in working with subject matter experts and end-users to understand business needs
• Utilize broad knowledge of business processes, applications, products, business strategy and internal and external customer needs to contribute to the optimum business solution in complete assignments/projects.
• Apply a variety of data and process modeling techniques to describe business information requirements
• Pro-actively recognizes where solutions impact related applications or data/information integrity
• Lead informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution
• Deliver clear, complete and usable documentation that the client can validate to support the sign-off process; and is serviceable for the technical project members to deliver the solution. Monitor and critique, through peer review, written communication of other BAs on the project team
• Ability to present complex or conflicting situations/issues to stakeholders. Uses persuasion, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Work collaboratively with the project team members towards a common goal
• Build, sustain, and leverage positive relationships with person within and outside his/her areas of immediate responsibility as well as external contacts; anticipating, assessing, and meeting their needs in a mutually beneficial manner; as well as managing expectations
• Share industry best practices and tools to create a positive climate and stimulus to encourage long-term learning and development for personal growth and growth of others
• Anticipate, prepare, and respond effectively to change; creating an open, receptive work environment
• Must have 7+ years of overall experience in actual Business Analyst role, using traditional and agile methods.
• Strong background in Azure, Azure DevOps, Data Analysis
• Excellent investigative and analytical skills. Ability to translate broad, strategic intent into tactical plans and directions
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences
• Strong listening skills
• Strong understanding of how technologies can enable business opportunities
• Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions and displaying leadership within a project team
• Strong problem solving skills
• Broad knowledge and practical experience of industry standards, tools and techniques
• Experience with development methodologies
• BA Certification such as Certified Business Analysis Professional™ (CBAP®)
We thank you for visiting the job page. Only candidates closely matching the requirement will be contacted for interview. Wishing you all the best in your job search.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org