Duration: 24 Months
Location: Downtown Ottawa (Remote owing to COVID-19)
Enhanced Reliability Clearance Required.
Seeking a Project Manager for one of our direct client. The Project Manager is responsible for end-to-end delivery, ensuring teams are delivering demonstrable value on every iteration. Reporting to a Director or Program Manager, they work with the Technology and Business partners to deliver products and services and evolve and improve our current processes. They will require a solid Project Management background and particular expertise within large-scale transformation initiatives.
• Working with Project team and Senior Management/Stakeholders in achieving alignment on project direction and functionality - considering project functionality, cost, schedule, and quality
• Acting as one of the prime liaisons with third party organizations on project-related issues or inquiries
• Ensuring all groups are being provided with timely and accurate project information
• Working with Project teams and third parties to develop complex project plans to support successful project delivery
• Managing and tracking these project plans, including integration milestones, release activities and milestones, etc.
• Setting up relevant meetings and ensuring ongoing project progress is tracked and communicated
• Ensuring resolution and escalation of issues or risks in a timely fashion and ensuring that these are recorded for tracking and closure on the project tracking tool
• Working with Project teams to define resource requirements, budget, technology, facility needs and reporting these as required.
• Working directly with Business Owners to help on execution alignment & business strategy of projects
• Working with development team members to execute sprints effectively
• Identifying, solving, and removing external impediments or roadblocks that impact team/ sprint progress
• Ensuring team keeps storyboard or plans updated related to all stories (Sprint Backlog, To-do, In Progress, Verify, Done)
• Tracking and effectively communicating team sprint progress to all affected teams and management
• Developing and managing Project Management reports such as status updates
• Reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
• Providing status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues using Planview
• Minimum of 5 years (Project Manager) or work experience in a program/project management capacity
• Minimum of 3 years directly managing complex* programs/projects of significant scope and risk
• University degree or college diploma in Business Administration, Public Administration, Information systems or other related fields
• PM will be expected to use a high level of knowledge and experience in blending traditional project management principles and practices with an Agile development approach in the right proportions to fit large, complex, mission-critical, enterprise-level projects and with the appropriate level of planning and provide the right balance of agility and predictability.
• Organize and lead project status and working meetings; prepare and distribute progress reports; manage risks and issues.
• Define project Outcomes and schedules while focusing on regular and timely delivery of value
• Assist in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
• Efficient interpersonal skills, including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building
• Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of business needs with the ability to establish/maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Excellent oral and written communications skills and experience interacting with both business and IT individuals at all levels, including the executive level
• Creative approach to problem-solving with the ability to focus on details while maintaining the “big picture” view
• Understanding of fundamental principles of position evaluation, compensation pay equity and organization design; experience with Hay Job Evaluation methodology
• Project Management Professional Certification or successful completion of a recognized project management curriculum
• Experience working in a similar role within the financial services industry
• Experience presenting recommendations to senior-level stakeholders and driving to consensus/decision
• Bilingualism in both official languages (English & French)
• Knowledge of Planview, Lean Kit, MS Teams
• Experience implementing initiatives relating to diversity, equity and inclusion
We thank you for visiting the job page. Only candidates closely matching the requirement will be contacted for interview. Wishing you all the best in your job search.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org