Duration: 12 Months
Location: Hybrid (Physically Present in Canada + EST Time Zone + occasional office in Ottawa or Toronto)
Reliability Clearance Required
The Senior Automation Engineer will provide support to the Dev/QA chapter team within the Digital Strategy and Delivery Excellence group. The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for building/leading the entire automation testing lifecycle for one or more complex cross functional projects affecting multiple interfaces and/or applications, as well as providing leadership in the areas of test automation, tools, and processes. The Senior Automation Engineer will be responsible for automation test strategy development and execution, researching testing automation tools, deploying new test frameworks, and managing the entire development and execution of testing deliverables for IT projects.
The Automation Engineer will interface with various project teams to assess automation testing needs for the project, analyze, and interpret test results, establish, and review metrics and communicate results and recommendations to a technical and business audience. This service will provide mentorship on automation testing concepts and implementation, best practices, and opportunities for Automation test practice improvements within the organization.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Assessing the team automation needs and finalize the tools for common use.
• Create an automation strategy for the Front-end and Backend applications.
• Build the automation framework that best suits the teams.
• Automate assigned areas/features and provide the test estimations, build automation scripts.
• Responsible for designing effective test cases to bring test optimization.
• Support the implementation of the automation Program and overall quality process and standards through continuous test execution and reporting.
• Define the test automation metrics that can drive quality across teams.
• Leverages the existing automation frameworks, tools, and artefacts to ensure the testing process is continuous, comprehensive, and fully autonomous.
• Hands-on experience in .NET and Selenium testing platform, code reviews prior to automation code deployments, integration test automation.
• Actively work with the Application Development team as one team to integrate quality engineering mindset/concepts within the Azure DevOps framework/pipeline.
• Work with Development Chapter Lead across the transformation office to identify E2E application changes to drive quality and automation strategies during testing.
• Responsible for technical coaching, mentoring, training, and day-to-day interaction with a team of QA/automation engineers, and developers and driving test case development for projects.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Management information systems or related field
• Typically requires 6-8 years of hands-on test automation related experience
• Strong programming skills: Candidates should be proficient in at least one programming language, such as C#, Java, Python, or Ruby, and have experience with test automation frameworks (unit tests and UI tests) and tools (Selenium).
• Strong communication skills: Automation QA engineers would have a role in transferring their knowledge to manual QA and ramp them up and need to be able to communicate effectively with development teams, product managers, and other stakeholders.
• Good knowledge of Testing Life Cycle, Shift left approach and Defect Management processes for application support and development.
• Good knowledge with quality Processes, Methodologies and Test Design techniques with hands-on experience on ADO, Share point and Confluence.
• Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out-of-the-box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approaches in critical timelines.
• Strong experience in building an End-to-End test automation framework.
• Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (Spec Flow, SoapUI, Selenium, TestNG) and script development using scripting languages (e.g., Selenium, Python, Bash, etc.)
• Hands-on coding experience in .NET, Selenium, or any other programming language
• Advanced knowledge of industry practices with a focus on Agile, DevOps, environments, and test integration.
• Familiarity with Agile methodologies: Knowledge of Agile development methodologies, such as Scrum, is important for automation QA roles, as many software development teams follow an Agile approach.
• Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD): Candidates should be familiar with CI/CD processes and have experience with tools such as Azure, Jenkins, Travis CI, or CircleCI.
• Understanding of API testing: Automation QA engineers should have experience in building framework and testing APIs and should understand the basics of API testing, such as creating test cases and verifying API responses.
• Experience in using source code management system (GIT)
• Experience with programming with Selenium, .NET and C#
• Experience in building Front-End and back-End automation frameworks from scratch
• Experience with Azure DevOps pipelines
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming
• Experience using SQL
• Azure DevOps certification
• QA-related certification. E.g., ISTQB, Agile testing, automation testing etc.
• Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related (technical) degree/diploma or equivalent experience
We thank you for visiting the job page. Only candidates closely matching the requirement will be contacted for interview. Wishing you all the best in your job search.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org