Location:Currently remote owing to COVID-19
Enhanced Reliability Clearance Required
The Sr. SQA Analyst will work as part of a test team to validate the ETL data flow of a solution (or applications) to the overall business and data requirements. The Sr. SQA Analyst has a good understanding of business and system requirements, data models, integrated systems, and participates in all of the testing phases in the software development lifecycle. This can include functional, system, regression, integration, performance and sanity testing, as well as assisting application users with user acceptance testing.
The Sr. SQA Analyst possesses knowledge of IT systems and testing tools, reporting and processes. They are able to liaise with business users, business analysts and technical resources in error diagnoses and problem resolution.
This position requires strong communication, analytical and collaborative skills. They are able to liaise with business users, business analysts and technical resources in error diagnoses and problem resolution.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Review requirements and design documents with a focus on End to End workflow across numerous systems or applications
• Experience in developing and documenting test cases, test scenarios and manual test scripts
• Understand how to follow the test approach established in the Test strategy and help plan test implementation
• Execute test plans, test cases, test scenarios and test scripts according to system test plan and project schedule and End to End business processes
• Document test results, log bugs and help in troubleshooting analysis with developers or business leads
• Experience adapting to change quickly, multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines
• Excellent investigative, problem solving and analytical skills with ability to translate broad, strategic intent into tactical plans and directions
• Excellent communication skills – oral and written; ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences
• Ongoing interaction with business analyst team to acquire clarification of business requirements of new and /or existing functionality
• Broad testing knowledge and practical experience of industry standards, tools and techniques
• Ability to report testing progress using approved status reporting mechanisms, templates on a predetermined frequency
• Available to assist with UAT processes and deliverables
• Experience with using a defect tracking system
• Knowledge of all phases of the testing lifecycle
• Excellent knowledge of the proper creation and maintenance of test data
• 5-7 years’ experience in Testing or QA
• Post-secondary education or equivalent experience
• Testing experience in Finance and/or Insurance domains
• Experience understanding and collaboration with database tools (ie SQL Developer, RazorSQL, MySQL)
• Experience validating complex ETL Business Rules
• Prior Database and ETL testing experience in IFRS17
• Familiarity working in a hybrid Agile software development life cycle team environment where tight timelines are implemented on deliverables
We thank you for visiting the job page. Only candidates closely matching the requirement will be contacted for interview. Wishing you all the best in your job search.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org